"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
- Lao Tzu
Why I Blog And Why Should You Care



January 3, 2009

Why I'm blogging and why should you care

Hi I'm Res (my online name) and I'm working on liberating myself from the confines of a traditional lifestyle. Big words that mean I want to do my own thing in my own terms. I've gone through a lot of changes in the last 10 years of my life and I'm undergoing another transformation.

I'm restructuring my life slowly but surely and molding it into MY ideal lifestyle.

I know there's a lot of folks out there with similar sentiments (and I'd love to hear from you) but the key is to do what is best for your life and the lifestyle you want to achieve.

The tricky part with this is that I have a family: a spouse, a couple of step kids (I hate that word so from now on I'll just call them my kids) and pets. I love them all to the ends of this earth and they're my motivation for wanting to make these changes. It's tricky because it affects their lives too but in a positive way. I'm lucky enough to have a spouse/best friend to want to go along with this journey with me.

What got me to this point? Well, a lot of things actually, but rather than give you a long and boring narrative about that I'll just let my posts give you a glimpse here and there why I'm doing what it is I'm doing. Now, I'm still fairly new to this (and I don't mean the blogging thing). I mean I'm still finding my own voice and I'm still experimenting with this media. I've been a casual blogger since the 90s, even before the word "blog" was invented but this is my first attempt at a proper blog.

My goals?
To return to my former self-employed status but this time with a more balanced lifestyle. Be location independent.

Free more time for family and other pursuits and interests: photography, writing, painting, and definitely travel.


A note on why I blog anonymously: I currently work for a corporation and I don't want my current situation clashing with my future goals. My day job has provided me and my family the necessities of life while I pursue these goals. So I don't want to bite the hand that feeds.

If you want to drop me a line e-mail me at:
fear (dot) the (dot) underdog (at) gmail (dot) com
or just leave me a comment here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin